Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tentative Schedule

The CISSP is split into ten domains. This works well for scheduling purposes as all I have to do is decide how long to spend on each domain. Of course, it would be silly to just assign arbitrary amounts of time or to even split the time evenly across all domains. What makes the most sense is to set the schedule according to the length and depth of each domain.

I started this process by determining how many pages make up each domain. After that I got my total work days. With a tentative ending date of November 22nd, and giving myself weekends off, there are a total of 68 working days. Now I can figure out how many pages I would need per day to work through all 1298 pages of content. By my math it comes out to just over 19 pages per day. With this number I can now determine how much time will be spent on each section. Below is the tentative schedule of when I'll begin each chapter, along with the total pages in the chapter and how many days will be spent on the chapter.



Of course this schedule will have to be somewhat flexible. For instance I know I won't be able to get any work done on Labor day. I'll therefore have to compensate within that chapter's time frame.

I also realize my error in not including the title of each chapter. It certainly does not do you, the audience, much good to know I'll be working on chapter six from September 26th to October 14th. I will come back later and update this table with titles so that you can better see what I'll be studying and posting about when.


No comments:

Post a Comment